Myth: People with ADD tend to be unintelligent and probably never will be successful in school or careers. Reality: Most ADDers are not lacking in intelligence, and many are well above average, even gifted. In addition, they often are highly creative and intuitive. They still have academic difficulties because of the way their nervous systems […]
Phone: (714) 669-8873
Fax: (714) 669-8846Office Email: DoctorSosin@Cox.net
13362 Newport Avenue; Suite A
Tustin, CA 92780
Myths and Realities About A.D.D.
- Myth: There is no such thing as A.D.D.
- Myth: Poor diet and/or environmental conditions are responsible for ADD.
- Myth: People with ADD are always “hyper.”
- Myth: People with ADD tend to be unintelligent
- Myth: Non-medical approaches are effective in treating ADD.
- Myth: Medication for ADD can lead to drug abuse and addiction.
- Myth: Compensating for ADD is unfair to other people.
- Myth: ADD occurs much more in boys than in girls.
- Myth: ADD is being over diagnosed.
- Myth: ADD goes away with age usually around puberty.
- Myth: ADD can be determined by psychological and/or physiological testing.